Thursday, November 1, 2007
it's a small small world...
I can't believe it! How small is this world? Well, Adelaide in particular!
Let me tell you a story...
A few months ago Toni from Keep'n the Memories posted a call on Aussie Pub Calls searching for a graphic designer. When I realised she was local, I contacted her. We bonded instantly. After chatting a bit and sharing some work she invited me to kick start her frst DT. Woo hoo!
We have been friends now since August. We 'talk' everyday.
Last night she forwarded me one of those junk emails, she got from her Dad. I recognised a few of my Uncles names in the to: list. So, after a teeny bit of research we discovered that our Grandmothers are sisters! Our parents are first cousins! I think that makes Toni my 3rd cousin!?
How WEIRD is that? No halves or steps or 5 times removed... We are truly, and quite closely blood related! We probably played together as kids (We had A LOT of cousins!) We share some of the same memories of Grandma's house (well, Great Aunty Bett to her) and her Grandma (who she adores and has spoken to me about many many times) is actually my Great Aunty Doreen, who I remember dearly.
I am in a bit of shock! But it explains our instant connection and friendship. And is lovely to be able to truly call her FAMILY now!
It IS a small small world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
isn't it amazing how you found out you're so closely related. there is something to be said for fate. sometimes things must be out of our control.
I am still in shock today Nic, I was very happy to be able to call you a friend but even more excited now to be able to call you family.
x
Hooly dooly, it sure is a small world, but that's really amazing. How lovely for you both!
melx
Post a Comment