Sunday, March 30, 2008

i have decided...

to start sharing some of my REAL life on here. Not JUST my scrapping. Is that going to be boring for you? I know that the blogs I enjoy most are those that not only have some great scrapping to share but ones that also let me peek into their real lives a little bit too. Even the mundane boring stuff! I was telling Michael last night how I read on someone's blog about what they do with their laundry once it is washed and he just couldn't believe what I was telling him. Like why on earth would I GIVE A SH**T!!??? But I do!!!! LOL!! And I don't KNOW WHY!@!!??? LOL!! I just LOVE IT!!! I don't think I am alone there though am I?? So... My dinner tonight; I thought I would share this family fave SUPER EASY and OH SO QUICK recipe: Garlic Prawns. YUM! you will need:
  • RICE. You know how much rice you need for your family. I use 5 'scoops'. But I have no idea what actual size my 'scoop' is, so that's not very helpful!!
  • 'ASIAN' GREENS. I used broccollini, snap peas and bok choy.
  • SOY SAUCE
  • PRAWN MEAT. I use about 400gms for my family of 1 hungry husband, normal me, a prawn loving 5 year old and the baby.
  • GARLIC fresh or jar it makes no difference
  • 'SKINNY TINNY' (Light and Creamy evaporated milk.) You only need the little can.
  • CORNFLOUR 1 teaspoon
  • Chives
  1. Boil your rice.
  2. When the rice is nearly ready, I put some asian greens in my microwave steamer for 2 minutes.
  3. While this is cooking fry off a couple of cloves of crushed garlic (or a couple teaspoons of jar garlic) in a little oil. Toss your prawns. It should be HOT or you will 'stew' your prawns and they will be tough. This literally takes 2 minutes.
  4. Combine skinny tinny and cornflour then pour over the prawns. Your pan is HOT remember so it will come to the boil quickly. Let it. Then simmer for less than a minute while you plate the rest up.
  5. Your veg and rice are ready now too. I spoon my rice into a little round baby bowl as a mould and then flip it onto the plate. Spoon prawns on top. Leave the sauce to simmer away.
  6. Pile asian greens on the side and sprinkle soy on top.
  7. Your sauce should be thick by now. Pour over the prawns. Sprinkle with chopped chives. Enjoy!

Now, the reason I needed a quick dinner tonight is cause the KTM CYBERCROP starts in 30 minutes! I'm SO EXCITED!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious Nicole, and yes I do like reading about peoples lives too.