Monday, October 1, 2007
mean mummy!
I must be the cruellest Mummy ever.
My Kirra is a very difficult child. She is super intelligent but she is such hard work. Apparently her thought processes are too complex for a nearly-5-year-old brain to process. It overwhelms her and makes her very intense. Full on. In everything she does.
I won't go into the details of her behaviour, I could be here for hours! But I struggle with her. A lot. And this morning I reached my breaking point.
I now have a mountain of toys and books all boxed up in the corner of the dining room (GREAT!) and Kirra's room contains a bed, a bedside and an empty bookshelf. NO TOYS AT ALL. It is ALL gone. I even took away any hair ties with pretty bits on them!
She needs a wake up call.
OMG - How mean am I?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OMG! Poor you - both of you! I'm not looking forward to that time AT ALL! Stick to your guns! Don't give in! As long as she doesn't touch your scrapping stash...
Your not mean, it is better to start younger. I wish I had been tougher on my kids, they walk all over me now. As Kathryn said don't give in no matter how hard it is...
hey, you've got to do what you've got to do - sometimes they don't respond to anything else. I know with my kids I'm the worst mum in the world if I take away one of their prize possessions, but they soon understand why. Hang in there - you're not being a meanie at all.
LOL. We've almost been there so many times. I can totally understand your frustration. At this age you have to find something they understand about missing out on and toys hits the nail on the head.
Post a Comment